Good evening and happy Friday to all of my lovely readers! I hope everyone is having a wonderful month of November and getting excited for Thanksgiving next week. I’m fighting a sinus infection, but I’ve still had my share of adventures lately — some community service projects, a local jazz festival, and even a couple of items crossed off of my bucket list! What have you been up to?
As always, enjoy this week’s roundup of link love, and share your own favorites in the comments below!
- I’m a big fan of all things Old Hollywood, so naturally I loved this mashup that pairs Uptown Funk with real choreography from Hollywood’s golden age. There’s nothing quite like watching Fred Astaire dancing to Bruno Mars! (Plus, this video is ridiculously well-timed.)
- David Beckham was named People‘s Sexiest Man Alive. I previously predicted Chris Pratt as the winner for 2015, but I’m certainly not complaining.
- I loved this Thought Catalog essay on the importance of consciously choosing the person you’re with throughout the relationship.
- Frida Kahlo is one of my favorite artists. I loved looking through her wardrobe and am especially fond of those sunglasses!
- This will always be my all-time favorite breakup song.
- Recently I ventured out to the Central Florida Zoo with some friends and wrote this fun little recap of my experience!
- I am loving the new Barbie commercial that encourages little girls to be anything they want to be. The commercial is adorable and has an empowering message, which is great PR for Mattel!
- These animals seem to know exactly what you’re thinking.
- In case you missed it, check out my healthier veggie-loaded hash brown recipe!
- Teens and twenty-somethings are creating secondary fake Instagram pages, or “Finstagrams,” where they post the less flattering (and ironically, more “real”) parts of their lives for a small number of followers. What are your thoughts on this Finstagram trend?
- My latest guest article for Career Camel focuses on that all-important work/life balance.
Things I’m Loving Lately
- Charade, starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant.
- Being reposted on the @Whole30 Instagram page.
- This artichoke lemon pesto chicken from PaleOMG.
- The Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness. (Shh, don’t tell my parents I’m reading it – they will be way too excited!)
What links are you loving lately? Share your favorites in the comments section below!