Happy Wednesday, readers! It’s almost October and you may have noticed that my posts dropped off quite a bit for the month of September. In that time, I launched my very own fantasy football league, turned 25, taught Junior Achievement classes at a local high school, started a new fitness program, spoke on a business career panel at a local community college, spent lots of time with friends and family, and hung around the mall much more than I’d care to admit. September was a busy month! 🙂
October isn’t slowing down, but I hope to have more posts for you as we make our way into fall. In the meantime, take a look at this week’s Link Love, and feel free to add your own favorites in the comments section below!
- Warner Bros. London is hosting a special Hogwarts Christmas dinner this December, featuring a set tour, drinks, dancing and more. … So, who wants to take me to London?
- No one likes to hear things like “You look tired.” Entrepreneur published a great article on phrases that smart people avoid in conversation, and the best alternatives to those phrases.
- I loved this list of 23 Things I Wish I’d Known at 23, published at My Domaine. I wish I’d known a lot of these, too!
- As a bit of an art history geek, I cracked up at how these 35 classic art pieces were updated for the modern world. (I’m pretty sure I dated #17 in college.) So funny!
- Need some motivation to power through this week? Huffington Post has your back with these inspirational quotes.
- I found this essay about a woman ending her five-year emotionally abusive relationship to be extremely powerful and moving. For anyone who has been or is currently in a negative situation that seems hopeless, I encourage you to read her piece.
- My sister sent me these amazingly funny animal tweets. You’re welcome.
- According to a new study in the journal PLOS ONE, the benefits of talk therapy for depression are often overstated in research findings.
- How heartwarming! A man in Fort Worth built a “dog train” to drive his rescue dogs around town for little adventures! What a sweet story!
Things I’m Loving Lately
- Getting my morning news updates from The Skimm each day.
- Why Not Me?, the latest book release from Mindy Kaling. Fantastic read!
- Fantasy football — in particular, the impossibly handsome Julian Edelman.
- The Mathematics of Love, by Hannah Fry, which relates mathematical theories to dating and relationships. It’s a fascinating read and I’m tearing through it!
- Kate Spade online flash sales.
- Community. Why didn’t anyone tell me over the past six years how great it was?
What are your favorite links and articles from the week? Sound off in the comments below!