Happy Friday, readers! I hope everyone has had a fabulous week – I know I did. 🙂 On Wednesday, I finished a 30-day clean eating program called the Whole 30 (see website here for more details), which requires you to eliminate dairy, sugar/sweeteners, grains, legumes and many processed foods from your diet to improve your overall health. Although I don’t often write about nutrition and dieting, I have wanted to kick a lot of bad food habits out of my life for a long time.
Last month, I embarked on the Whole 30 program, and over the next 30 days, I improved my eczema and asthma, increased my energy levels by a lot and even lost 10 pounds, thanks to eating right and avoiding some of the nasty chemicals found in a lot of addictive junk food.
I shared parts of my journey on Instagram, where I received a lot of positive feedback. During this time, I have also received a lot of questions from friends about eating clean and where I found a lot of my recipes. I am not an expert by any means, but I have learned a lot and am thankful for all of the great resources I found online. This week, I would like to share those with you!
- Meatified has a list of 30 days of Whole 30 lunches (as well as breakfasts and dinners) that definitely will make your meal planning a whole lot easier!
- I have been a big fan of these sweet potato fries over the past month! I adapted the recipe to include cinnamon instead of coconut sugar, and it is fantastic.
- Everyone can benefit from these tips on how to stop stress eating.
- One of my favorite sites has been Clean and Delicious. There are some fantastic recipes, as well as 101 videos for how to buy/store/prepare certain fruits and vegetables you may not have tried in the past. (I love her popcorn broccoli, by the way!)
- Now that I am back to eating legumes, I have found a lot of great gluten-free recipes at Oh She Glows that also happen to be vegan. These are good no matter whether you are a meat eater or not!
- I enjoyed these 10 tips to make your Whole 30 a success, and you can easily apply these to any program! 🙂
- Whenever I needed inspiration for a new healthy meal, I browsed this Chowstalker site to see what recipes were coming in.
- A few friends who follow my Instagram have reached out to me about these Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Peppers, so here they are! Bon appetit.
What are some of your favorite clean eating websites? What tips or recipes do you have for any of these programs? Have you ever tried the Whole 30 program?