Yup, you read the title correctly – today has turned into a special Link Love Thursday! (It is very possible that I fell asleep very early on Wednesday after taking antihistamines for my horrible allergies…) I hope everyone had a fabulous new year and is enjoying everything 2014 has to offer. This week, I bring you a few new year-related articles, along with some sweet links that will make you smile.
- JWT published their list of 100 things to look out for in 2014. Happy trend hunting!
- Many of us have difficulties keeping our New Year’s resolutions. This article not only explains why, but also provides tips for how to keep those resolutions in the future!
- I recently discovered this blog, Our Extraordinary Lives, and am a big fan of their Creating Healthy Habits series – especially this post about cutting down on Facebook usage (something that is very difficult for me as a marketer).
- Need an adorable pick-me-up? Watch these kittens reenact The Lion King.
- I’m an unashamed fan of Audrey Hepburn because of my love for her movies – and I like Marilyn Monroe as well – but I do appreciate this article criticizing them as our only two Old Hollywood feminine idols.
- I took this political quiz, and while I wasn’t completely shocked by my results, I was interested to see some of the other parties that my beliefs lined up with. Take the non-partisan quiz and select “Choose another stance” for each question to see a greater variety of answers and beliefs you can choose from!
- These adorable rainy pots make the perfect homes for your plants, and are very creative, too!
- As someone who is not at all a fan of the public proposal, I loved this article about engagements and how they can become a major spectacle.
- Finally, someone has been stitching Lionel Richie lyrics in used furniture!
Have you read any great articles lately?