The most rewarding part of being a blogger is hearing reader feedback and knowing that my words resonated with them. It has been an exciting journey, and I love being able to share it with so many people. This page will showcase some of the highlights of my blogging career so far.
Fellow bloggers, if you would ever like me to do a guest post, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work something out!
- Guest Post on Talent Cupboard’s Job Hunt series: “Introducing: Valerie.” Talent Cupboard. July 2, 2014.
- Guest Post: “From Breaking Up in the Age of Social Media.” The Things I Learned From. January 24, 2014.
- Guest Post: “Unhealthy Relationships: 5 Signs That The Nice Guy Isn’t So Nice.” HUGstronger.org. September 4, 2012. (Reposted on College Relationships.)
- “Valerie is an incredibly talented blogger/writer and a very accomplished one at that. When we were encouraged to create a blog in that said PR class, the professor used Valerie as an example that we should all aspire to be like.” - Bumfuzzled Jane. June 3, 2012.
- “I adore this blog like I adore Oreos. Valerie Moses, the awesome author, writes posts that make you think, make you laugh, and make you want to get off your lazy booty and write something that nice, too. I love her Freshman 15 and Friday 5 series. They’re great. You should go read them.” – Of A Writerly Sort. February 20, 2012.
- Listed in “50 Blog Posts Every College Applicant Should Read.” BestUniversities.com. November 24, 2010.
Appearances and Presentations
- “Enhancing Your Professional Image Through Social Media” and “Finding Your Audience: How To Market Your Blog To Readers.” Florida Scholastic Press Association. Parkland, FL. October 20, 2012.
- “Build a Winning Resume.” Burnett Honors College Leadership Conference. Orlando, FL. October 13, 2012.
- Mentioned in “Success at Workplace: Passion or Conviction?” Daily Motivation for Self Improvement. July 7, 2014.
- Mentioned in “How to Impress The New Grad Nurse Interviewer: Be a Storyteller.” Life With Jess. June 10, 2014.
- Featured on Motivate Your Plate’s Facebook page. May 30, 2014.
- Reblogged in “Link Love Wednesday: Remembering Maya Angelou.” Nicole Osborne. May 29, 2014.
- Mentioned in “College Advice from Senior Steph Russo.” Senior Year Stories. April 29, 2014.
- Mentioned in “Flash Mobs and Relationships.” Adel Abdullah. April 19, 2014.
- Featured on Masik Collegiate Fragrance’s Facebook page. March 27, 2014.
- Featured on Motivate Your Plate’s Facebook page. March 27, 2014.
- Featured on Masik Collegiate Fragrance’s Twitter page. March 26, 2014.
- Mentioned in “Beat the Midterm Blues: How to Stay Motivated.” Being Christine. March 1, 2014.
- “And when you finally find a special someone to spend the day (and coming days) with, I like what my friend (I use this term loosely because I haven’t actually met this individual) Valerie Moses says.” – Mentioned in “Date an app this Valentine’s Day.” You’ll Never Guess What I Heard Today. February 10, 2014.
- Reblogged in “Link Love Wednesday: What is Girl Code?” Melanie Dahling smacks of sarcasm. January 23, 2014.
- Reblogged in “The Weekend Five: Travel Tips for the New Year.” DANA TOURS. January 18, 2014.
- Mentioned in “Book post for 2013.” Tales for Scout. January 14, 2014.
- Mentioned in “Teenage Clichés and My Hatred Toward Such Writings.” Reading Royalty. December 14, 2013.
- Featured as part of blog swap in “These are a few of my favorite things: Blog swaps.” Tales for Scout. December 2, 2013.
- Mentioned in “Meeting People.” Yasmin’s Here. November 24, 2013.
- Influenced the content of “Tips For Having a College Relationship.” StudentRate Trends. November 4, 2013.
- Reblogged in “The Freshman 15: Tips for Meeting New People.” Adrift. October 20, 2013.
- Mentioned in “Speed Dating: Campus Clubs Version.” Stressing Out College. October 4, 2013.
- Mentioned in “Enjoy your weekend.” Tales for Scout. September 25, 2013.
- Featured as part of blog swap in “Swapping Blog Niceness.” Julie Kesti. September 24, 2013.
- Mentioned in “Going back to school: Top 10 ways to get ahead of the game fall semester.” Questia. August 26, 2013.
- Reblogged in “The Weekend Five: Things No One Wants To See On Your Resume.” MBerri Photography. May 1, 2013.
- Reblogged in “The Weekend Five: Things No One Wants To See On Your Resume.” JC Design Blog. April 28, 2013.
- Guest post mentioned in “The Good Guy.” Katrina’s WORKS. October 27, 2012.
- “After reading this, I felt as though I was walking down memory lane once again. I’m sure once we’re done with college, all of these memories will become a part of us forever.” - The News & Publication Society. September 21, 2012.
- Mentioned in “Helpful Hints on Roommates: Bad vs. Good Habits.” Her Campus. November 27, 2011.
- Mentioned in “Doors don’t slam open. – John M. Shanahan.” Smart, Pretty and Awkward. June 1, 2011.
- “This is from a student’s perspective but equally valid for expatriots the world over.” - Recession Dodge to Victory. November 14, 2010.
- “This is really going to help me next year when I finally set foot at college.” – Maelstrom. November 2, 2010.
- Mentioned in “How can college Freshman overcome homesickness?” Freshman Perspective. November 2, 2010.
- Kreativ Blogger Award from Julie at Of A Writerly Sort. May 30, 2012.
- Illuminating Blogger Award from Food Stories. May 28, 2012.
- Very Inspirational Blogger Award from T.J. at The Poet’s Crafts and Julie at Of A Writerly Sort. February 20, 2012.
- Versatile Blogger Award from Sharon at Hyperactive Inefficiency. January 10, 2012.
- Nominated for The South Florida Sun-Sentinel‘s Best of Blog Awards in the categories of Defies Categorization, Personal, and Pop Culture. February 17, 2011.
- Freshly Pressed on WordPress for The Freshman 15: Overcoming Homesickness blog post. November 1, 2010.