New here and unsure of where to begin? You’ve come to the right place! I’ve highlighted a few articles on my blog that will help you get started. :)
The Weekend Five (formerly The Friday Five): Every weekend, I post a themed top five list that can vary as much as the songs in my iTunes (read: a LOT). These posts can provide advice (Travel Tips for the New Year, Small Tips for Being Slightly Classier and More Grown Up, Rules of Text Message Etiquette) or simply random observations (Profile Pictures that Every Girl Has Posted, Literary Characters Whose Problems Could Have Been Solved With Love, Terrible Party Themes).
Relationships & Friendship: As college students and twenty-somethings, our relationships are often at the forefront of our lives! From Facebook relationship statuses to the Anti-Prince Charming to the ethics of boyfriend snatching, my relationship articles draw on personal experiences and cover a variety of topics that affect us all.
Pop Culture: Pop culture drives a lot of our expectations in life and love. Some of my posts (Romantic Comedy Plots That Don’t Work Out in Real Life, Spoiler Alert: Next Season on ‘The Real World’, Things That Pop Culture Taught Me to Expect About Falling in Love) focus specifically on pop culture and what is in the media today.
Books & Literature: I’m an avid reader, so naturally the books I read have made their way into the blogs I’ve written. I love to relate passages or characters from literature into modern-day situations that so many of us face. I’ve written about The House on Mango Street and waiting by the window, The Joy Luck Club and the conflict of innocent vs. hope, and Paper Towns and our sense of identity, just to name a few.
Career Happiness: Isn’t this something we all strive for? Take a look at my articles about Advice for Communication Students, Choosing a Major: Why Expectations Aren’t Everything, and Growing Into Yourself to get started.
Link Love Wednesday: This is my weekly round-up of articles from the web! The topics vary but the feature is a fun way to break up the week. :)
Most Popular Blogs
For some reason, readers can’t get enough of some of these posts! The following blogs have gained their popularity over the years through Pinterest, links from other bloggers, Google searches and more. Be sure to check them out!
- College Relationship Tips
- Ways To Get Involved on Campus
- Overcoming Homesickness (Freshly Pressed, 2010)
- Dorm Life Must-Haves
- Things No One Wants to See on Your Resume
- Best Literary Love Quotes
- The Five Boys You Meet in College
These blogs may not have the most hits, but they were some of my favorites to write!
- What Senior Year Really Feels Like
- The Story of Us: Just Another Transition
- The Weekend Five: Lessons Learned from ‘How I Met Your Mother’
- The Friday Five: Ways to Be Creepy on a First Date
- Speak Now (Or Forever Hold Your Peace)
- Putting Faith in Walls: A Lesson in Strength and Vulnerability
- Unfinished: The Tricky Thing About Closure
The Freshman 15
My blog includes a feature with 15 tips for college students based on that month’s theme. Below is the full list of articles for your viewing pleasure!
- What I’ve Learned Since My College Graduation — April 2014
- Advice from Readers (Y3) — May 2013
- What I’ve Learned (Y4) — April 2013
- Tips for Choosing College Classes — August 2012
- Advice from Readers (Y2) — May 2012
- What I’ve Learned (Y3) — April 2012
- High School vs. College — March 2012
- Mid-Semester Motivation Tips — February 2012
- Ways to Stand Out Professionally — January 2012
- Flu Season Edition — October 2011
- Choosing a Major — September 2011
- Topics to Discuss with Roommates — August 2011
- Ways to Party Smart in College — July 2011
- Ways to Prepare for Orientation — June 2011
- Advice from Readers (Y1) — May 2011
- What I’ve Learned (Y2) — April 2011
- Time Management Tips — March 2011
- College Relationship Tips — February 2011
- Life-Changing College Moments — January 2011
- Things I Wish I’d Done Differently — December 2010
- Celebrating the Holidays from Afar — November 2010
- Overcoming Homesickness — October 2010
- Ways to Get Involved on Campus — September 2010
- Tips for Meeting New People — August 2010
- Dorm Life Must-Haves — July 2010
- Smart Ways to Start the New Semester — June 2010
- What I’ve Learned (Y1) — April 2010